One would think that with how many times I have said I react to Vitamin C in skincare products, I would stay away from products that contain vitamin C. Well, how else would I be able to do a review.
Today’s review is on Kenacol Serum with Vitamin C and Glutathione.
Product Details: Kenacol Vitamin C Serum comes in a 30ml bottle. The nice this about this serum is that it also contains Glutathione as opposed to just Vitamin C. It’s made in Africa but I cannot be specific about where.
Price: 30ml at 1,500 – 2,500naira. Price may vary based on your location.
Ingredients: I did not see any ingredient list on it but generally it contains Vitamin C and Glutathione.
My skin on a normal day doesn’t work with Vitamin C but the Glutathione content in here made me decide to get it and give it a try. There were good and bad to using this product;
The Good: This is the first-ever skincare product that contains Vitamin C that did not break me out! Yaaayyyy!! I know right! I was so happy to see that I did not break out with this serum and it encouraged me to continue use even when I saw some adverse effects. It brightened my face and was one of the only products that gave my skin an extra glow! all within less than 2 weeks too!!! It works like an actual vitamin C by brightening and glowing your face.
The Bad: This serum is strong!!!!! This is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, serum I have come across in a long time. It stung my skin and this is not the regular kind of stinging I get with other Vitamin C or other harsh products. This was the kind of stinging that stayed for hours non-stop. Sometimes, the only way I could relieve my skin was by washing the serum off, To make matters worse, I used it with a drying bar soap, so when I tell you I was in pain, it was bad!
Another thing to know is that one or two times I used it during the day, whenever I stepped out under the sun, my face physically darkened and this is like 5-10minutes under the sun. I’m not always in the sun but whenever I stepped into the sun, even if for only a few minutes, I physically darkened, even with sunscreen. I had to stop using it during the day completely till I finally stopped. I really wanted to keep it, I did not throw it out after I stopped but the effects did not go away at all!
- Potent and effective.
- Contains Glutathione which is quite rare. I haven’t seen Vitamin C serums with Glutathione.
- Very active and too strong. Only extra tough skin should use.
- Leaves the skin extra sensitive to the sun.
- I don’t know the levels of Vitamin C and Glutathione that make it so active.
THINGS TO NOTE:
- If you have sensitive skin run away from this product!
- To be used by only Tough skin. For normal skin, do a test patch to see how your skin takes it.
- USE ONLY AT NIGHT! Use only at night and even if you don’t use it during the day, use a heavy-duty generous amount of Sunscreen!! If you work under the sun, just don’t use it at all.
- Apply SUNSCREEN morning and night.
If you can follow these tips, you will would enjoy the benefits of this product.
Use Vitamin C serums only at night and Always use sunscreen during the day!!!
Until my next post, Kisses!