This is going to be an addition to my pro mixing series.
For the past, almost 2 years, I have not used a body lotion until a few months ago. Before now, I have been experimenting with new recipes for oils that I have used on my skin up till now and I can say I have found the almost perfect brightening oil recipe. I will be sharing that with you in today’s post.
As usual, I have to state this recipe is not fully organic as I do not specialize in organic pro mixing. I’m only a skincare enthusiast who enjoys trying and testing new skincare product.
Before I go into the recipe list, here are some of the pros and cons of this oil.
- Can be used on both the face and body
- Brightens and moisturizes the skin at the same time.
- It gives my skin this dewy glow and I am 100% in love with that.
- Very lightweight and does not leave my skin feeling sticky or oily.
- Oils don’t sink into the skin/moisturize as much as I would them like to. To remedy this, I use a skin moisturizer before applying the oil.
Tip: Apply a light weight moisturizer before the oil. The oil after the moisturizer gives the skin a dewy and glowy look while locking in moisture from the moisturizer.
Please note that you don’t have to use each and every product I mentioned in this post. You can try out other products and tweak the recipe to your preference. Use products that work for your skin.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- Base carrier oil (100ml) – For this recipe, I use glow oil from Remah Naturals. Not sponsored but this is absolutely the best natural oil I have used in my life! This glow oil contains carrot oil, citrus, jojoba oil and other essential oils. It is 1000% the best smelling oil I know of.
- Clinic clear oil. (50ml)- Click on the link to read my review on this oil. It is also one of the best skin oils I’ve used.
- Chameleon Serum (30ml) – This is a carrot-based serum. Normally, I would use Citro clear but I could not get it.
- Vitamin E oil (20ml) – Optional but works wonders if you are able to get one.
Mix all together in your preferred container. The recipe above makes 200ml of oil.
- Moisturizes the skin
- Brightens and glows the skin.
- Applied directly to the skin as a moisturizer.
- Mixed with any lotion or cream.
- Used in mixing body scrubs and washes to add moisture.
- Layered on the skin after moisturizing.
Like, share, and leave a comment below.
Until my next post. Kisses!