Hey hey hey!!!
The product I am about to review is one of the most controversial body lotions in town now. There has been a lot of back and forth about how good or bad this lotion is. Here, I have reviewed the serum here and the face cream here. Today, I want to talk about the lotion.
Product Details: White Secret lightening body lotion is one of the products of the White Secret range from Rodis Togo. It comes in a 3 sizes. I only know of the 300ml & 500ml. It states visible results from the first 5 days. White secret has other range of products, including a serum, soap, oil, and face cream and they are all quite affordable.
Price: 800 naira. Price may vary based on your location.
Ingredients: Vaseline oil, Petroleum jelly, aqua, stearic acid, vitamin E, AHA, silicone oil, BHT, lorol c16, lorol c18, isopropyl myristate, carrot oil, fragrance.
As I stated in the face cream review, white secret face cream is my favourite face cream of all time which i still use to date. The main reason I decided to give this lotion a try is that, as of today, my mum uses this lotion and has no issues with it. Knowing that, it’s almost hard to believe that this lotion is as bad as it sounds. So, instead of buying a new bottle, I asked her for a small amount of hers to use and that amount lasted me for a few weeks. I used it on my face and body.
Does white secret body lotion contain hydroquinone? No, it doesn’t contain hydroquinone.
Not up to a week after I started using this lotion, I went up a shade lighter. I still work from home for most of the week so I had little to no exposure to the sun and I must say I really liked the lotion. My skin was glowing, I had no reactions what so ever, no knuckles, no white patches.
Although, I think this is worth mentioning. Before I started using White secret, I went on youtube to get as many reviews as I could and even asked my mum on how I could use the white secret lotion without any issues. These were the things I was able to find out and I followed them religiously.
- Apply the white secret lotion only at night.
- Avoid sun exposure when using white secret.
- Use the lotion only 2 or 3 times a week. Nothing more. This is to avoid skin thinning, dark knuckles or any other adverse effects from too much application.
- Do Not mix this white secret lotion with any active oils or serums. I advise not to mix this lotion at all. It is very active and strong on its own.
- If and when you get to the desired skin tone, stop use and maintain with a normal moisturizing lotion.
- Darker-skinned tones should not use this lotion at all!
Some of the known side effects of white secret cream include; Dark knuckles, green veins, sun burns and skin thinning. Hence the rules above.
- Very moisturizing to the skin and not drying.
- Highly effective for brightening, whitening and lightening of all kinds including clearing of spots.
- Affordable and readily available.
- Too strong and potent
- I believe this lotion contains steroids or some sort of strong chemical lightening agent.
- If and when you stop, you will definitely go darker. It should be used off and on to maintain skin color
In my opinion, I liked the lotion. I had no issues with it but I would like to mention that what works for me may not necessarily work for you. Some people talk about how good the lotion is, others say it damaged and spoilt their skin. As of now, I have stopped using white secret lotion but my mum still uses it and she has no complaints about the lotion.
If you want to try out White secret lotion, follow the tips I mentioned above and take whatever you get from the lotion lightly. Take good care of your skin.
Stop if you notice any adverse effect.
Until my next post!